The Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians) Regimental Society is a registered charitable organization (organization number 500080585)
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your consideration in donating to the Strathcona Regimental Society. All donations will assist in realizing the Society’s objectives which are:
- To further the traditions and heritage of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians);
- To hold, preserve and maintain the artifacts, memorabilia and belongings of the Society;
- To establish, maintain, and operate the museums of the Society and LdSH (RC);
- To establish, maintain, and operate horse riding facilities; and,
- To collect and disseminate information of interest and relevance to members of the Society.
Some examples of activities that the Society supports are:
- Strathcona families and deployed members. Donations to this go towards:
~ Children’s Christmas Party
~ Summer Family Day
~ All Ranks Dinner & Dance
~ Tastes of Home packages (care packages to deployed members)
~ Family Support Troop (events and activities for the families of deployed members)
- Strathcona Museum
- Strathcona Mounted Troop
- Strathcona Pipes & Drums
- Strathcona Historical Vehicle Troop
- Strathcona Society Newsletter (published twice per year).
HOW TO DONATE
1. Pay allotment (serving members; account Y006)
Serving members can ask their pay office to fill out a CF 77 Direct Pay Allotment Form. This form is directly linked to our Society and is very quick and easy to fill out. Through this form you are able to set regular monthly donations which are automatically deducted from your pay. Conduct the following on your form:
- Fill out your particulars at the top of the page
- For ‘name’ in paragraph 61, fill out “LdSH(RC) Regimental Society”
- Inform the clerk that the allotment code is Y006, and the amount you would like to donate per month. The amount of your allotment is up to the discretion of the individual. Once complete, sign and date the bottom.
2. Cheque or Money Order (retirees/friends of Regiment)
Write a cheque or money order payable to ‘Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians) Regimental Society’ and send it to:
Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians) Regimental Society
c/o Regimental Second-in-Command
PO Box 10500 Stn Forces
Edmonton, AB T5J 4J5
3. United Way (both serving and retirees/friends)
- Go to the United Way Website at www.myunitedway.ca
- Click on the red ‘Donate’ button at the right of the screen. This will take you to a letter from the United Way Campaign Chair.
- Click the red ‘Continue’ button.
- At this point you will be redirected to a new page where you will enter your donation. Under ‘enter total gift’, type the amount you would like to pledge.
- Select one of the three credit card options for how you would like to pay and then click the red ‘additional services’ button at the bottom of the page.
- A new page will load. Click ‘other charities’. Type into the box ‘Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians) Regimental Society’ in the box, click ‘search’. Then click the circle to the left of the name to select our charity, and then fill in your amount in the box below and click save.
- Click ‘continue’ and fill out the required credit card and personal information
- Finally, click ‘submit donation’.
- If you need any assistance with the above, please feel free to contact the CO's Secretary, Kathy Batty at 780-973-1660.
As a charitable organization, every donation you send to us will be acknowledged with an income tax receipt for the amount pledged. All donations sent to the United Way will have tax receipts sent via the United Way. Note that United Way has a 10% ‘administrative’ charge. If you would like to donate money to a particular Society entity or activity (i.e. SMT), please mention it with your donation and we will ensure your donation is directed to it. We thank you for your generous support to the Strathcona Regimental Society.
“Once a Strathcona, always a Strathcona"