The Executive Committee of the Kingston Branch consists of:
President: Kevin Mulhern (613-214-3600) email@example.com
Vice: Spike Hazleton firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Tom Martineau (613-541-4294) email@example.com
Secretary: Jamie Cade (343-364-6105) firstname.lastname@example.org
The objectives of the Kingston Branch of our Regimental Association are:
- Maintain social links between all generations of serving and retired members of the Regimental Family so we stay connected and learn from each others’ experiences, both past and present.
- Promote a fun social environment that is emotionally rewarding. This is based primarily on:
- Fall Meet and Greet;
- Moreuil Wood Dinner; and
- Melfa River BBQ.
- Remind those who have ever served with the Regiment, “once a Strathcona, always a Strathcona.” We do this by:
- Regular updates on Regimental Family events through our email distribution;
- Keeping an eye out for and reaching out to “lost trails” Strathconas in the Ontario region;
- Encouraging and organising hospital visits and appropriate Regimental representation at funerals; and
- Maintaining social contact with Strathcona widows and widowers.
- We support Corps, Regimental Society and National Regimental Association projects and initiatives as we are able and as is appropriate.
- What the Kingston Branch does not do is:
- Require membership dues. All Strathconas in the Kingston region are considered members of the Kingston Branch. Our events are “pay as you go;” and
- We are not rank conscious. As we are all part of a Regimental Family, we encourage the use of first names and strive to keep a casual and meaningful social environment that celebrates what is great about our Regiment and its people.
Please spread the word to those who may not be on the ENEWS or Newsletter distribution list as finding Strathconas who have ‘dropped off the radar” is important to us and the greater Regimental Family. As well, we welcome articles and/or pictures of events in your area of Ontario no matter what size of the gathering. We look forward to seeing you at our next event!